sunday . . .

6.06.2011

I was hoping to have posted this a few days ago, but seeing how hubby was out of town & mommy was on solo - not too much scrapping & blogging has been happening :) As I mentioned in my last post, I had the honor of being asked to be a featured artist at Scrapbook News & Review. I am super excited to share the two layouts I created for the post . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you may see from my close-ups, the technique I shared was a quick how-to on faux stitching. Check out the full post HERE.

While playing with all these October Afternoon goodies for my assignment, I was inspired to also take a bit of time to create with their newest line, Rocket Age, just for fun :) Here is what I came up with . . .

Photobucket

And a quick close-up on the title work - LOVE these sticker alphas!!!

Photobucket

Many of the comments from my post at SNR mentioned my "splattering" & how I did this . . . I also think a few of you have mentioned that in comments before. I took a few moments today to take a couple pics of this super simple process. The real trick is to not actually use the sprayer as intended :)

Step #1 Get yourself an old box to contain you paper - this process is messy so ideally the sides of the box have some height to them. (You can tell mine has been well used!!)

Photobucket

Step #2 Now, instead of using the sprayer, take the sprayer/pump out of the actual container. When unscrewing it and pulling it out, make sure to tap it a bit on the sides so that there is just a little ink remaining in the pump/tube.

Photobucket

Step #3 Fling the end of the sprayer (the tube part) towards your paper (this can get messy, hence why the box is helpful). This allows for some fun splatters here & there around your paper. Also - you can control where they fall a bit by flinging the tube towards the direction of the paper where you want the splatters.

Photobucket

Hope that helps!!! Be back soon to share more :)

ttyl - julie :)

6 comments:

  1. These are really fantastic! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OmGosh Julie...these are just pure yumminess!!!!!! LOVE your work here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great photo with the carnival blur in the background. Love the boy layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts!! I love what you did with Rocket Age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your work is always so amazing!

    ReplyDelete